Wednesday, October 13, 2010

10-10-10 Happy 10th Birthday Yassie!

I offered to have my niece's birthday/slumber party at our house this past Saturday.  We had 6, 10 year olds, 2 teenagers and my adult sister as well as Terry, Skylar and I.  It was full house of laughter, screams, running around and makeovers….oh, did I mention Justin Bieber.  Good lord….there was that.  Back in my day, our “Justin” was none other than Justin Timberlake.  Oh JT…..ha!  Times haven’t really changed, I guess.  I actually like the “new” Justin’s song that’s out, ahah!   I’m such a tween wannabe.  You do know that I love Twilight and Harry Potter right?  Or the time that I waited at Barnes and Noble for my new book at midnight when Terry was deployed to Iraq right?…I told you that story didn’t I?  Well….I waited in line for 2 hours (beginning at midnight) while ahem….everyone was dressed up as wizards and witches and running around casting spells and eatings Bertie Bott’s Every Flavlor bean (aka…sometimes good jelly beans).  Anyhoo….I played it cool, since I was by myself.  I don’t think they suspected a thing.  :)  I sort of wished I had my maroon and gold colors on, because I am so a Gryffindor kid.  Man, can you tell that I am excited for the next movie to come out next month?

Back to my way cool party that I helped throw.  Actually Mely, my sister threw it and she thought of everything.  Yasmine had a great time.  She turned 10 on 10-10-10.  Crazy huh?  The party went on until 6 in da mornin….poor Terry and I were out at 11.  I’m surprised we didn’t wake up with whip cream on our face.  Did you ever fall asleep first at a sleepover?  I did one time and I never did it again.  I woke up with lipstick and blush smeared all over my face, ahah!  At the time..I was not happy. :)

luggage (1 of 1)

1st picture of the party…

Back view of a packed car full of suitcases, little sleeping bags, pillows and beer.  JK…..Mely had all the toys and candy in those boxes.  Everyone knows that beer boxes are the strongest, lol! 

yasmine and skylar (1 of 1)

Skylar loves his cousin Yasmine.  She’s so patient with him too. 

bounce house day (1 of 1)

Can’t have a party without a bounce house birthday cake.  Did someone say cake?

yasmine's cake2 (1 of 1)

I made this cake for Yassie.  I know the #10 is ginormous. Well…her birthday is 10-10-10…ok really, I just didn’t realize how big the topper was, until I placed it on the cake and I was like ….ooops…  It’s chocolate ganache and white vanilla cake with butter cream icing.  I added chopped up banana to the batter for the top tier. The black icing is  chocolate butter cream.  I also added fondant accents and the topper is made from gumpaste.   

yasmine and cake (1 of 1)

Ok, the topper is a little heavy….tim-ber….

yasmine's cake (1 of 1)

On the menu was cake, ice cream, chips, cookies, candy…candy…candy

bounce house2 (1 of 1)

Random party shots

shoes (1 of 1)

Everyone was barefoot up in our hizzouse.  It was a crazy par-tay!

(Terry just noted that I am still living in the late 90’s)

fishing (1 of 1)playing jacks (1 of 1)

Skylar was fishing and Mely was playing jacks…  (seriously, we are some cool people!)

pizza (1 of 1)

Skylar eats pizza really weird, ha!  He eats cheese first, but doesn't just pull the cheese off, he eats like this, haha!

skylar and swing (1 of 1)smores (1 of 1) 

fire gathering (1 of 1)

Getting ready for roasting marshmellows and making smores…

fire2 (1 of 1)

roasting mm3 (1 of 1)

roasting mm4 (1 of 1)

roasting mm (1 of 1)roasting mm2 (1 of 1)

getting ready for the fire (1 of 1)

It was actually darker here, but my flash made everything look like it was afternoon, weird…

night time (1 of 1)

bounce house at night (1 of 1)

All the girls were wearing their neon masks, necklaces and bracelets.  It was so cool to see! 

 masks2 (1 of 1)

 masks (1 of 1)   

Skylar participated too and he had food all over his face (shocker), but he had so much fun hanging out with the big kids.

random (1 of 1)

After we came in, we ate more and it was time for cake and ice-cream. 

 blowing the candles out2 (1 of 1) blowing the candles out (1 of 1) 

Cady (Yasmine’s step-sister) share the same birthday and I forgot… oooops, so they blew out the candles together.  Yasmine turned 10 and Cady turned 18!   Cady helped chaperone the party on her birthday.  That’s true love there! 

 supervising makeover time (1 of 1) makeover time (1 of 1)

Before I went to sleep, I took a few pictures of the girls conducting “makeovers” in the bathroom.  They were so cute, doing each other’s hair, makeup, pedicures, manicures….

ONTO THE NEXT DAY…..

 breakfast (1 of 1)

We had a breakfast feast!  Although, you can’t see everything here, we had eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, biscuits, muffins and cereal.  OH and Tons of coffee…well for the big kids that really need it and can’t hang with the little kids.   

happy birthday Yassie (1 of 1)

Good Morning Birthday girl!

  buzz (1 of 1)

Skylar showed off his Halloween costume to the girls.  So cute!

hide and seek (1 of 1)

Skylar was playing hide and seek with the girls, but hid in the same place every time.  Cady and Emma kept him company all the same.   

group picture of the friends (1 of 1)            Happy Birthday Yassie and Cady!    

 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness - You are the best Aunt ever!! This party looks great! And, the cake - wow!!

Gina said...

The pics and party were fantastical! Wish I coulda been there. I know Yassy will remember this birthday as one of the special ones. You can see how much fun the all the girls had. Skybug remains ever precocious and sweet. I know he was in his element with all the girls in the house. He's a ladies man. Woot! Woot! Great job, baby sis!!!

Anonymous said...

hey nice website, the pictures are lovely <3