Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My inspiration…

One of my BFF’s sent me her pictures of the mural that she painted (no tracing) by hand with NO help from anyone, as a stay at home mom, who has a very active 16 month old son and a 5 year old girl in preschool 4 days (that are 1/2 days) out of the week. Um….can you say wonder woman…She’s amazing….oh and she did this in 5 days.  I kid you not!   She painted from floor to ceiling on all the walls, “Where The Wild things are”.

final4

final2

She was still painting here.

final5

final6

Matt made those kitchen cabinet for Emma and installed them on the wall…..

I know…Can you say talented?

finall4

So, she inspired me to finally get off my bootay and paint the sign that I have been talking about for over a year now in Skylar’s room.  Ta-da….it took me about 3 hours….that would be me, eating cookies, watching tv with Terry, going back in the room to paint a line, then playing with Skylar, then painting another line and then finishing it.  Yep 3 hours….  Whoooo, I did it.  Smile  ok ok…I’m not like my amazing artist friend…but hey….at least it inspired me right? 

sign

upclose

2 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

Glad to have you back :)

Jamie said...

Nice!