Sunday, December 21, 2008

Teacher's Gifts

I decided to make my teacher's gifts this year from Skylar. I made Monkey Munch as seen on the show Jon and Kate Plus 8 and then I made some Chocolate and peanut butter covered pretzels. :) Can you say ya-ummm! I appreciate Skylar's teachers for all that they do, so this is the least I can do for them. Hopefully, they are not on diets, because um....

Also, I love getting deals, so of course I shop at Food Lion and I get a lot of the food lion brands, because well, they taste the same and they're cheaper. I will say the only name brand we have to buy, because it DOES NOT taste the same is Campbell's tomato soup and Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable ABC noodle soup. I do love my Campbells...ok off topic, anyhoo..see the pics below.

Food Lion brand Candy that melts in the microwave in 1 minute

Peanut butter melted with the chocolate and I dipped the pretzels in there
Ta-daa...not a really great presentation, but I'm not Giada people! :)
I made them look tasty with my beautiful ribbon work, ahah...

Also, some have asked what's in Monkey munch... (BTW this was part of the favors that we gave out at Skylar's monkey themed 1st birthday party) The recipe is below.

MONKEY MUNCH

Ingredients
1 Cup Semi sweet Chocolate chips
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
9 cups of Chex Mix or Cherrios or both combined
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup of Powdered sugar
1 or 2 tablesppons of Margarine
1 or 2 gallon zip lock bags

Melt the chocolate, peanut butter and margarine together on medium heat. Then add the vanilla and stir for another minute on low heat.

Place 9 cups of your chex mix, cherrios or mixure in a bowl and add the above to it and mix with a spoon. I find it hard to mix, so I just mix with my hands. It's not scorching hot, so it's fine. Then place the mix in a ziplock bag and add your powdered sugar and shake shake shake!! :) -Side note, make sure the bag is sealed, haha! It's so delicious!!! Once made, you can eat right away or just store in the fridge and eat when you're ready for a much needed sugar rush!

I made this for the teachers and I made enought to give out to our family. This is a less expensive way of giving gifts this Holiday Season. It's still from the heart and it's not cutting too deep in the pockets either.

After this, Skylar decided to show me his new favorite drawer in the kitchen...

Mom, I will help you fold them back....promise

Right after I throw them everywhere and then hide them in different places...

Such a crazy goober

3 comments:

Jess, Sam, Elyse & Hadley Mickle said...

love jon and kate plus 8 but i always laugh when she calls it monkey munch. It is so funny how things have so many differnt names. We have always called it puppy chow. LOL makes you want to gobble it right up but it is so good!

Unknown said...

Wow 3 new post!! way to go Pam!! hahah Im lucky to get 1 in a week.. anyway thanks for the recipies looks yummy!! and lucky you with your pampering!! Im a little jealous.. I have 30 dollars left at highland oaks, its making the time to get there! and your neice looks just like you!! Cute!~

Jen said...

Great Ideas! I love Monkey Munch. We are trying to make more things ourselves. I gave some preserves that I made earlier in the year. Your neice could definitely pass as your own. She looks just like you!